Top Reasons to Hire a Registered Builder – Building Inspector in Perth – Pre-Purchase Building Inspection

House focused by a magnifying glass

Some Frequently Asked Questions.

Who is qualified to do my Pre-Purchase Building Inspection?

The Australian Standard AS 4349.1 clearly states the report must be completed by an experienced, qualified person, i.e. a Registered Builder.
You wouldn’t hire anyone but an experienced qualified mechanic to check your car! The same goes for houses and Registered Builders.
Be aware there are no Government “Licensing” requirements for inspectors in WA. So make sure you ask if your inspector is a Registered Builder, not a so called Licensed Building Inspector.
The Building Commission WA issue registration to builder.

How long will it take till I receive my report?

You will be contacted immediately after the inspection to put your mind at rest. The full written report will be issued the same day.

How do I pay for my report?

You will be issued an invoice with account details. The fees are simply be direct deposited prior to the inspection. Or you can pay by credit card.

How do Home Integrity’s fee compare?

We hope that fees are not your sole consideration. You might save many times the cost of your inspection by avoiding costs of rectifying significant problems revealed by Home Integrity. Your inspector’s qualifications, including his experience, training, and professional affiliations, should be your most important consideration.

Fees for all of our services are very competitive, especially when you consider you’re getting the best service available for a modest price. You can’t get better than that and really, would you want anything less?

Can I be present at the inspection?

Yes you are most welcome to be at the inspection. It is important that we are not distracted from concentrating during the Inspection process so please do not obstruct or interrupt during the inspection. Your attendance should be confirmed with the seller / agent though.

My inspection is urgent how fast can it be done?

We will be accommodating wherever possible and can normally book jobs in short notice. Reports are issued the same day.

Do you have insurance?

Yes $1million in Professional Indemnity Insurance specifically covering building consultancy work including pre-purchase inspections.

Do I need a separate company to do my timber pest report?

No. Home Integrity has an experienced team of professionals. We complete both inspections at the same time. Saving you and the agent the trouble of multiple visits and invoices.

The house is fairly new, do I need an inspection?

Regardless of age. People make mistakes, and some take short cuts. I’ve uncovered structural defects in the nicest brand new display homes.

The Structural Premium report sounds very comprehensive, what other reports are available if I just want to be extra sure?

During the inspection we gather valuable knowledge of the home and always make a recommendations for additional inspection types if we think other reports would be of benefit. We offer Timber Pest Inspections, Swimming Pool and safety barrier inspections and also can complete an Electrical Compliance Inspection by a qualified electrician.

If you are looking for professional home inspectors in Perth, visit

For an instant quote Click here, or phone Anne on 08 6184 5624 to book your inspection now.

What Are You Looking For?

Pre-purchase inspections

Identify major defects or issues that could impact your new property’s value and liveability.

Construction Progress Inspections

Identify major defects early before your build moves to the next stage.

Strata Inspections

Providing a clear understanding of building maintenance requirements.

Owner Builder Inspections

Offering a second set of qualified eyes to assess the work of your trades.

Termite & Timber Pest Inspections

Qualified timber pest inspectors who will inspect every room for termite activity.

Building Disputes

Our team is here to help you with your building and construction dispute.

Defect Inspections

Determine any faults or defects in a building with a qualified building inspector.

Hi there, 

We see you have added an Electrical, Plumbing and Gas inspection (EPG) with a Pre-Settlement inspection. 

Please note these are very similar inspections, just performed at different times. The EPG occurs during your pre-purchase inspection, while the Pre-Settlement occurs 5-7 days before settlement. 

If you require both please proceed to check out. Alternatively, remove one and continue.

If you would like further information, please call our office before proceeding to check out on (08) 6184 5624